Home made stock cubes



I work out, I have 2 children and I have to figure out how to cook a healthy supper every day for the family. I usually  cook on the weekend some of the food we´re going to eat the rest of the week.  I cook the main dish that it´s often the most complicate. Then everyday we add a good salad prepared at the moment, some bread or rice and a piece of fruit or a yogurt.

I  have some tricks that help me. My favorite is “home made stock cubes”. If you have a food procesor or blender it´s very easy, just put all the ingredients  and puree it.

Ingredients:
1kg of Vegetables (Onion, garlic, sweet pepper, tomato, parsley, coriander, celery, leek or whatever you want
300g of Sea salt

I put this puree in  jam jars and keep them in the freezer. The salt doesn´t allow the puree gets frozen and it´s very easy to take something of it when you need it.


If you have health problems with salt, you can make stock cubes without salt, just put the puree in the mold you use to make ice cubes. When they are frozen put these cubes in a jam jar or in a plastic bag and keep them in the frigde.
You can also make stock meat cubes. It´ll be needed:

  ½ kg. of vegetables
 ½ kg of lean meat
300g of sea salt
and  puree all the ingredients together.


In Spain the first we do when we begin to cook  is add some olive oil in a casserole and some chopped vegetables (Onion, garlic, tomato, sweet pepper...) This is a “sofrito” and it´s the base of a good stew or soup. The problem is that it takes a lot of time washing or peeling the vegetables and  chopping them.
When I have to make a "sofrito", I only have to add a little of olive oil into a casserole and a spoon of my "home made stock cube". That´s all :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts